* [Caml-list] OCaml on iPAQ
@ 2001-12-21  9:58 Friedman Roy
From: Friedman Roy @ 2001-12-21  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

Has anyone tried running OCaml on an iPAQ, either with PocketPC or Linux?
To some degree, I guess there should not be a problem, since the processor
is a StrongARM, which is supported by OCaml, and 64MB should be enough.
However, I'll be ahppy to hear if someone had experience with it.

Thanks

Roy

* RE: [Caml-list] OCaml on iPAQ
@ 2001-12-21 21:58 ` Francois Rouaix
From: Francois Rouaix @ 2001-12-21 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Friedman Roy', caml-list

I've thought about it, having had an iPaq since July last year... I
spend a small amount of time loading the runtime source in the Embedded
Visual C++ compiler, but was stopped rather fast by the lack of
stdio/unix system call compatibility. I would like to have OCaml running
under WinCE though...
--f
François Rouaix

http://caml.inria.fr

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml on iPAQ
@ 2001-12-27 19:44 ` David Mentré
From: David Mentré @ 2001-12-27 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Friedman Roy; +Cc: caml-list

Friedman Roy <roy@cs.technion.ac.il> writes:

> Has anyone tried running OCaml on an iPAQ, either with PocketPC or Linux?

When I was at INRIA earlier this year, I tried on a local iPAQ
(with a cross-compiler ocaml[c|opt]) and on the skiffcluster iPAQs'
cluster (by compiling ocaml natively). All those machines where under
linux.

Natively (i.e. on the skiffcluster), if you have a gcc, there is
apparently no problem. I was able to compile and run my ocaml program
(until a bug appeared :).

Regarding cross-compilation, I failed to build an ocaml cross-compiler
(Xavier is aware of it ;-). However, I don't know if the issue is in
ocaml itself or more probably in a buggy cross-gcc I tried to
produce. If you need more info on steps to generate a cross-ocaml, look
at posts in this mailing list from Xavier (Leroy) and myself (I was
david.mentre@inria.fr).

Hope it helps,
Best regards,
d.