* [Caml-list] Discourse instance for the OCaml community? (was: how to encourage adoption of OCaml?)
@ 2016-07-09 20:58 Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2016-07-09 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Armaël Guéneau, Amir Chaudhry
  Cc: Duane Johnson, Dean Thompson, caml-list

Armaël: Discourse looks like an interesting option. If we tried to setup a
Discourse instance for OCaml, would you be willing to act as a moderator
there?

The Rust people have experience with Discourse as their main user forum (I
just created a topic (
https://users.rust-lang.org/t/what-are-rusts-discourse-hosting-plans-and-time-requirement/6462
) to ask about the specifics of their hosting plan), and closer to home the
Unikernel community also adopted discourse:

  github issue about the move:
    https://github.com/Unikernel-Systems/unikernel.org/issues/25

  Discourse forum:
    https://devel.unikernel.org/

(I'm adding Amir Chaudhry, who organized the Unikernel, transition, to the
loop. He had excellent feedback when the ocamlbuild community asked similar
questions -- https://github.com/ocaml/ocamlbuild/issues/31 )

I would be ready to finance a six-month experiment of using Discourse for
the OCaml community, to see what it gives, but I'm not interested in doing
the setting-up and other administration work myself, so we would need to
have volunteers for that.