Don't quote me on this, but I believe that marshal uses a string in bytecode with threads, uses straight malloc with bytecode and no threads, and never uses strings in native code. I'm /very/ unsure about that last one, but I am pretty confident that in some cases, whether it uses strings depends on whether threads are involved. y On 1/17/07, Sebastien Ferre wrote: > > > Daniel Bünzli wrote: > > >> pourtant, je passe bien par un appel a output_value > >> dans un fichier, sans passer par une chaine intermediaire. > > > > Maybe output_value uses a string internally. Try with a bytecode > > version of your executable, an exception should be raised (or have a > > look at the implementaiton of output_value). > > I used a bytecode version. > > I checked the code of output_value, and it uses an internal > string. So it won't work. > > Anyway, I knew I would have to go for a more serious > solution as soon as data get really large. I think of > using something like GDBM. > > Thanks for the help. > Sebastien > > _______________________________________________ > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management: > http://yquem.inria.fr/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/caml-list > Archives: http://caml.inria.fr > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >