You should check with someone who knows better, but I suspect that if you become a member of the OCaml consortium (which is fairly cheap) you would have the rights to do what you propose. y On 4/12/07, Jon Harrop wrote: > > On Thursday 12 April 2007 16:53, Harrison, John R wrote: > > | A new version of Poly ML also doesn't have the persistent storage > > > > system. > > > > Thanks; I didn't know that, and it comes as quite a surprise given > > Poly's history. > > > > Still, my question about OCaml stands. More specifically, I want to > > know whether the facility to save and restore state doesn't exist > > because > > > > * None of the main OCaml developers particularly care about it > > > > or > > > > * There are non-trivial technical problems implementing it. > > Like Michael, I am also not going to answer your question (sorry!) but can > I > just say that, as a commercial developer, there would be significant > incentive to write a killer IDE for OCaml if the current top-level was > free > for commercial use, e.g. part of the stdlib. > > Having been playing with F# recently, I'm starting to appreciate some of > the > features afforded by a decent IDE. However, both OCaml and F# lack > features > found in the other and, more importantly, lack many features that could be > hugely beneficial, particularly to users of the interactive systems. > > Marshalling top-level state is one such feature. > > -- > Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy Ltd. > OCaml for Scientists > http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_for_scientists > > _______________________________________________ > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management: > http://yquem.inria.fr/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/caml-list > Archives: http://caml.inria.fr > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >