On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Christopher L Conway wrote: > > Are people here using this language feature in the real world? If so, how? For what it's worth, not at Jane Street. We've looked at using existential types once or twice, but have yet to find a really compelling application. We don't really use objects much either. I'm actually a bit puzzled by your original post, in that I don't have a clear sense of what kind of situations you've run up against where using poor-man's objects (e.g., collections of closures wrapped up in a bundle) doesn't do the job. On the whole, I've found that collections of closures are easier to think about than objects precisely because you don't have to worry about subtyping. I'd be quite curious to hear about concrete examples where that approach doesn't fit well. y