* No caml_startup in 3.10? Where is it?
@ 2007-03-28 20:39 Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2007-03-28 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Folks,

I cannot run the example on this page:

http://sciruby.codeforpeople.com/sr.cgi/ProjectIdeas/RubyOCaml

I get

ruby testfib.rb
dyld: NSLinkModule() error
dyld: Symbol not found: _caml_startup
   Referenced from: ./fib.bundle
   Expected in: flat namespace

Trace/BPT trap

What is the function that needs to be called instead of caml_startup
in 3.10?

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/

* Re: No caml_startup in 3.10? Where is it?
@ 2007-03-28 20:44 ` Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2007-03-28 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

I followed the instructions [1] on Ubuntu Edgy and got the same error.

The symbols do exist which makes the problem more baffling.

nm libasmrun.a |grep startup
libasmrun.a(startup.o):
000003dd T _caml_startup

nm libcamlrun.a |grep startup
libcamlrun.a(startup.o):
00000aa2 T _caml_startup_code

Can someone with Ocaml 3.9.x run through the example to see if it's a
3.10 issue?

	Thanks, Joel

[1] http://sciruby.codeforpeople.com/sr.cgi/ProjectIdeas/RubyOCaml

--

@ 2007-03-28 22:26   ` Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2007-03-28 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

It's a foot in mouth kind of an issue, or wrong instructions to be
precise.

The makefile generated by Ruby's mkmf needs to use libfib.a and it
also needs -lcurses on Linux.