From: "Dave Berry" <Dave@kal.com>
To: "Mattias Waldau" <mattias.waldau@abc.se>, <caml-list@inria.fr>
Cc: <leary@nwlink.com>,
	"Jonathan Coupe" <jonathan@meanwhile.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Why is Ocaml better than Java (WAS: [Caml-list] ocaml complexity)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:15:54 +0100	[thread overview]

I've spent the last six months actively recruiting C++ programmers.
There are many C++ programmers out there, and they are very much in
demand.  The notion that "nobody writes applications using C/C++" is
simply wrong.  Also, the "open source" community can't be so easily
dismissed, as OCaml is more likely to make headway with these users than
commercial users (at present).

That said, there are other major languages used for writing
applications, such as VB, Delphi and Java.  Comparisons between these
and OCaml would be a good idea.

Dave.