* [Caml-list] File synchronization implementation(s) in OCaml?
@ 2018-02-08  3:05 Evgeny Roubinchtein
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Evgeny Roubinchtein @ 2018-02-08  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear OCaml users and developers,

Do you have advice on:

1. Practical file synchronization algorithms.  Rsync is the low bar for my
purposes here, i.e., I don't want anything that performs worse than rsync
in practice, but I am wondering if there is a way to do better.  My
completely uninformed attempt at searching the literature turned up this
paper: http://engineering.nyu.edu/~suel/papers/recon.pdf, but I don't know
anything about the area, so I am afraid that I don't even know what I don't
know about the subject :-).  I am also aware that Unison has an
implementation of an rsync-like algorithm, but I don't know much more than
that about that implementation.

2. Existing implementation(s) of said algorithms in OCaml.

Thank you in advance!

--
Best,
Evgeny ("Zhenya")