* Re:[Caml-list] Help on Event module wanted.
@ 2005-03-16 12:03 matthieu.dubuget
From: matthieu.dubuget @ 2005-03-16 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: A.Koprowski; +Cc: caml-list

I asked a question related to Event usage there:

and Rémi Vanicat answered with clean explanations:

Maybe that will help you too?

Salutations

Matthieu Dubuget
************************ ADSL JUSQU'A 8 MEGA + 3 MOIS DE TELEPHONE GRATUIT ************************
L'ultra haut débit à 15EUR/mois seulement ! Et vous téléphonez gratuitement en France vers les postes fixes,
hors numéros spéciaux pendant 3 mois.
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/  (voir conditions sur le site)

* Re: [Caml-list] Re:[Caml-list] Help on Event module wanted.
@ 2005-03-16 19:13 ` Scott Duckworth
From: Scott Duckworth @ 2005-03-16 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I too recently had trouble figuring out how the Event module works.  I
eventually experimented with it enough to figure it out, but there are
still some things I am not sure about.

In particular, how do Events behave when there are multiple senders
and/or receivers on a given channel?  By experimenting, I made the
following observations:
 - only one receiver will receive an event (i.e. no broadcasting to
all receivers)
 - multiple senders work as expected (any of the senders may send at any time)
However, I found no documentation supporting any of these
observations.  I also am not sure if using multiple senders/receivers
is thread safe.  If anybody could give me any information on this I
would appreciate it.  Thanks!

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:03:41 +0100, matthieu.dubuget@libertysurf.fr
<matthieu.dubuget@libertysurf.fr> wrote:
> I asked a question related to Event usage there:
>
> and Rémi Vanicat answered with clean explanations:
>
> Maybe that will help you too?
>
> Salutations
>
> Matthieu Dubuget
> ************************ ADSL JUSQU'A 8 MEGA + 3 MOIS DE TELEPHONE GRATUIT ************************
> L'ultra haut débit à 15EUR/mois seulement ! Et vous téléphonez gratuitement en France vers les postes fixes,
> hors numéros spéciaux pendant 3 mois.
> Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/  (voir conditions sur le site)

Scott Duckworth

* Re: [Caml-list] Help on Event module wanted.
@ 2005-03-16 19:50   ` Christophe TROESTLER
From: Christophe TROESTLER @ 2005-03-16 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Scott Duckworth <scott.duckworth@gmail.com> wrote:

> I too recently had trouble figuring out how the Event module works.

Maybe a "Specific guide" for Event could be added to
http://caml.inria.fr/resources/doc/index.en.html#id2258118 ?

ChriS