From: Konstantin Ignatiev <kostya@gmail.com>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] XEmacs or GNU Emacs?
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:08:08 -0400	[thread overview]

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:35:54 -0700, Brandon J. Van Every
<vanevery@indiegamedesign.com> wrote:
> Does either XEmacs or GNU Emacs have any particular advantage to an
> OCaml developer on Windows 2000?  I'm becoming aware that there's a lot
> of politics about them, but hopefully people around here are
> disinterested and only concerned with what makes OCaml coding easier.
> Again, I'm doing Windows.

Well, if you are using OCaml on WIndows, you probably need Cygwin (at least
as an alternative testing environment), so you can use Cygwin version
of (X)Emacs,
which are much better integrated with the environment (I prefer GNU
Emacs, though I'd
agree that there isn't such a big difference, especially if you are
not using multi-language
features)

-- Konstantin.