* ocamldoc -pack
@ 2007-06-01 21:52 Sean McLaughlin
From: Sean McLaughlin @ 2007-06-01 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Hello,

  I'd like to see a -pack option for ocamldoc.  It would be nice for packed
modules to
have accurate documentation.  I saw something about this in a post
from 2002, but nothing afterwards.   Is this a possibility in the future?

Thanks,

Sean

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamldoc -pack
@ 2007-06-04 21:33 ` Yaron Minsky
From: Yaron Minsky @ 2007-06-04 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

As it happens we're looking for more-or-less the same feature.  Is it true,
as this post suggests, that ocamldoc is broken with respect to pack'd
libraries?

On 6/1/07, Sean McLaughlin <seanmcl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I'd like to see a -pack option for ocamldoc.  It would be nice for
> packed modules to
> have accurate documentation.  I saw something about this in a post
> from 2002, but nothing afterwards.   Is this a possibility in the future?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sean

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamldoc -pack
@ 2007-06-05 13:05   ` Vladimir Shabanov
       [not found]     ` <466574A7.8010002@tsc.uc3m.es>
From: Vladimir Shabanov @ 2007-06-05 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List, Yaron Minsky

I'm also looked for this feature some time ago. Seems that there is no
support in ocamldoc for it.

The quick and dirty solution I've used is to catenate all packed .ml &
.mli in one file and then use ocamldoc on it.

Here the little script I've used (it just print catenated modules,
which are passed as arguments, and if you have .mli file you must pass
it just before corresponding .ml):
http://camlosg.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/camlosg/trunk/camlosg/Make/pack_in_one.ml?view=markup

But it would be much better if this will be supported in ocamldoc directly.

2007/6/5, Yaron Minsky <yminsky@cs.cornell.edu>:
> As it happens we're looking for more-or-less the same feature.  Is it true,
> as this post suggests, that ocamldoc is broken with respect to pack'd
> libraries?

> On 6/1/07, Sean McLaughlin <seanmcl@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> >   I'd like to see a -pack option for ocamldoc.  It would be nice for
> packed modules to
> > have accurate documentation.  I saw something about this in a post
> > from 2002, but nothing afterwards.   Is this a possibility in the future?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sean

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamldoc -pack
       [not found]     ` <466574A7.8010002@tsc.uc3m.es>
@ 2007-06-05 15:06       ` Vladimir Shabanov
From: Vladimir Shabanov @ 2007-06-05 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

I personally don't use ocamlbuild, since it doesn't support C++ files.
And even if it does, the -pack is ocamldoc problem, not ocamlbuild
one.