* Native code profiling under Windows?
@ 2005-10-31 11:34 Dmitry Bely
From: Dmitry Bely @ 2005-10-31 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

When I try to link my project with "ocamlopt -p ..." it complains "Cannot
find file std_exit.p.cmx". Indeed, the native build did not create
a profiled version of the standard library (while -p compiler flag is
supported). Have I missed something and should build the profiled stdlib
somehow or gprof/ocamlopt -p simply does not work under Windows?

Another related question: I would also like to try some third-party
profiler tool (Intel VTune), but it requires ebp-based stack frame for each
profiled function. It is not true for ocamlopt-generated code. If I modify
the code generation part in the ocaml compiler and add

push ebp
mov  ebp, esp
pop  ebp

to each ocamlopt-generated function, will I break anything?

- Dmitry Bely

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-10-31 11:34 UTC | newest]