Hi, can't you just say that you spotted a problem in the proposed solution instead of being so aggressive? Removing all the useless sentences of your message just leave this: Le 9 oct. 09 à 16:18, Damien Guichard a écrit : > Imagine my code is: > > type color = int > > let black : color = 0 > > Then, following your proposition, evaluating black should give me an > int rather than a color because int is shorter and therefore nicer. which is indeed relevant and exposes a problem not faced in the previous mails. Thanks, V.