* CAML on multiple architectures
@ 1992-12-26  0:16 Paul Steckler
From: Paul Steckler @ 1992-12-26  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wish to install CAML V3.1 on multiple architectures.  All the
architectures share an NFS-mounted disk, so, if possible, I'd like to
put the library code there.  Can the executables share this code?
Is it possible to specify, either during installation or via
an environment variable, where the interpreter finds library code?
Any details on how to set this up would be appreciated.

Also, how compatible are CAML program with CAML Light (and vice-versa)?
One motivation for installing CAML is so that I can take CAML Light
programs written on my PC, and run them under CAML on a UNIX box --
and vice-versa.

-- Paul

| Paul Steckler                       |  Desperately seeking clever     |
| steck@dworkin.ccs.northeastern.edu  |    new .signature slogan        |

* Re: CAML on multiple architectures
@ 1992-12-28 16:03 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 1992-12-28 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: steck; +Cc: caml-list

> Also, how compatible are CAML program with CAML Light (and vice-versa)?
> One motivation for installing CAML is so that I can take CAML Light
> programs written on my PC, and run them under CAML on a UNIX box --
> and vice-versa.

I don't know the answer to your questions on installing CAML V3.1.
I'd just like to point out that if all you need is to run Caml Light
program written on your PC on Unix machines, the easiest way is to
install Caml Light on your Unix machines. You'll get full portability
between the PC and the Unix machine.

Caml Light for Unix is available by anonymous FTP from nuri.inria.fr,
directory lang/caml-light.

Regards,

- Xavier Leroy.