* fjavac - a functional java compiler
@ 2005-12-24  4:37 Stephen Tse
From: Stephen Tse @ 2005-12-24  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Steve Zdancewic

We would like to announce our project written in OCaml: "fjavac" - a
functional Java 5 compiler.

Currently the compiler can parse and pretty-print all JDK 1.5 files.
Our abstract syntax trees has been carefully designed for easy of use.
Hopefully other people find our project useful for Java language
extensions or program analyzes.

Our parser is based on GLR (Generalized LR) parsing, making it very
easy to extend the language syntax without worrying about shift/reduce
conflicts in LR/LALR parsing.

Basic type checking and bytecode compilation have been implemented,
but are still under testing. Type checking and type inference for
generics have not been implemented yet. Our long term research goal is
to produce a complete and formal specification of Java compilation
(using Twelf, a logical framework).

Homepage:

 http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~stse/javac/

Cheers,
Stephen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-12-24  4:37 UTC | newest]