From: fva@die.upm.es (Francisco Valverde Albacete)
To: caml-list@margaux.inria.fr
Subject: Some questions and proposals...
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 94 10:54:22 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello mailing list,

	I hope you don't get discouraged when you see the number of question I
address you...

	1) Has anybody developed a module for trees with a variable number of
	branches? If so, can I borrow it?

		My own solution comes from Reade's:

	(* Variable trees *)
	type 'a vtree = Vtree of 'a * 'a vtree list;;

	type 'a forest = 'a vtree list;;

	though, for the sake of efficient updating I have used mutables in the
	design (yes, the nasty "can't generalize type.." etc.

		I would also thank any ideas for the functionals around the
	base type. I have already done some: it_vtree, exists_vtree,
	for_all_vtree, do_vtree in the spirit of their list counterparts...

	OOPS, I must say I'm coding it in CAML (Heavy)!

	2) This is a question mainly to CAML and Camllight implementors: has
	anybody thought of a way to migrate in an automatic, or at least semi-
	automatic way, modules from one of the systems to the other? I have this
	huge quantity of modules in CAML wanting to be compiled in Camllight...!

	3) Finally (or so I think), I guess many of us have types and functions
	that could be of use for the rest ("reuse" they call it, I think).Is
	there anythihg like a freeware repository for CAML and Camllight
	modules?
	If so, where? If not, could we discuss such a thing? At least a list
	or sort of FAQ for people whom to ask for them? I volunteer to receive
	and compile a list of people and things (cut and paste, you know) and
	send the list back to caml-mailing-list. That'd be something to start
	with!

   Hope the mail comes in handy for someone else! Au revoir mailing-list!

		Francisco Valverde
		fva@die.upm.es