* Info request
@ 1994-03-24  8:39
From:  @ 1994-03-24  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-redistribution

Hello, I am a teacher in italian school.
For this year we have decided to study functional
programming and an introduction course in caml (0.6)
in dos and in Linux.
For the next year we think to study caml also for
the view of "conceptual database design".
Do you know any examples or reference ?

Saluti

p.s. I have no subscribe to mailing-list so
please respond to e-mail address. Thanks

--
Sandro Doro, alex@aureus.sublink.org

Istituto Tecnico Industriale Statale "Vito Volterra"
Via Milano,9 - 30027 - San Dona` di Piave (Venezia) - Italy

* Info request
@ 1994-03-24  8:48
From:  @ 1994-03-24  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-redistribution

I don't know anything available about databases. We'll be glad to get what
you will do or get from others.

Concerning introductory courses for Caml, we have several books
available, but they are all written in french:

Introductory course for Caml programming:
  Le langage Caml, Pierre Weis et Xavier Leroy (InterEditions 1993).

Manual:
  Manuel de Reference du langage Caml, Xavier Leroy et Pierre Weis
  (InterEditions 1993)

Introductory course to programming using Caml and Ada:
Concepts et outils de programmation
le style fonctionnel, le style imperatif
avec CAML et Ada

Auteurs: Therese Accart Hardin et Veronique Donzeau-Gouge Viguie
(InterEditions 1991)

And of course you have the english documentation for Caml Light, freely
available by anonymous ftp:
  Functional programming in Caml Light by Michel Mauny
  Reference Manual, by Xavier Leroy.

Hope this helps,

Pierre Weis
Cristal Project
INRIA, BP 105, F-78153 Le Chesnay Cedex (France)
E-mail: Pierre.Weis@inria.fr
Telephone: +33 1 39 63 55 98