* Re: [Caml-list] The Caml morale crasher #1
@ 2005-09-08 12:55 yoann padioleau
From: yoann padioleau @ 2005-09-08 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Weimer, Damien Guichard; +Cc: caml-list

> * Damien Guichard:
>
> > When annoucing an OCaml project on a public forum i have been
> > advised to renunce lambdas because it would impede translation to "a
> > less obscure, more popular language".
>
> Most languages offer strictly downward closures.  Even GCC's C
> implementation has them. 8-)

Again I think I will disagree on the choice of your words :)
GCC has nested functions. I think that we can't call that a closure; a closure is something
that close his environment and store it somewhere. There is no such thing in GCC I think.

* [Caml-list] The Caml morale crasher #1
@ 2005-09-01 16:32 Damien Guichard
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Damien Guichard @ 2005-09-01 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list