* Re: OSX GUI
       [not found] <20070606152630.9359EBC74@yquem.inria.fr>
@ 2007-06-06 15:57 ` Jeff Shaw
From: Jeff Shaw @ 2007-06-06 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

For now the easiest way to make a GUI on macos x in caml is labltk. The
other option is Lablgtk, but you have to run lablgtk applications in the X11
server until GTK is ported to use mac-native widgets.

As for coding caml on macs, it's great. I use aquamacs emacs with the tuareg
mode installed. I'd rather code on a desktop but if you want a small laptop,
a mac is great.

Installing ocaml on macos:

install macports
open terminal
sudo port install ocaml +labltk

(ifyou need lablgtk2)
sudo port install lablgtk2

Macport's version of tk doesn't give native widgets (whereas the built-in
distribution does), so then I do

sudo port -f uninstall tk
sudo port -f uninstall tcl

And if you don't like the mac keyboard's placement of the alt key, the
keyboard control panel lets you swap the alt and apple keys.

* Re: [Caml-list] Re: OSX GUI
@ 2007-06-06 19:05   ` Olivier Andrieu
From: Olivier Andrieu @ 2007-06-06 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Shaw; +Cc: caml-list

On 6/6/07, Jeff Shaw <shawjef3@msu.edu> wrote:
> For now the easiest way to make a GUI on macos x in caml is labltk. The
> other option is Lablgtk, but you have to run lablgtk applications in the X11
> server until GTK is ported to use mac-native widgets.

actually there's a MacOS X backend since GTK+ 2.10 (it's labeled
"experimental" though).

--
  Olivier