* [Caml-list] ocamlbuild untag ?
@ 2013-07-07 12:04 Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2013-07-07 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml list

Hello,

ocamlbuild has

   -tag <tag> Add to default tags

does it have a way to -untag ?

(case in question override the debug tag of a _tags file).

Best,

Daniel

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild untag ?
@ 2013-07-07 18:16 ` Wojciech Meyer
From: Wojciech Meyer @ 2013-07-07 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Bünzli; +Cc: caml list

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Bünzli <daniel.buenzli@erratique.ch> writes:
> ocamlbuild has
>
>    -tag <tag> Add to default tags
>
> does it have a way to -untag ?

At the moment we don't have this ability. However it's not entirely
trivial to add this functionality to ocamlbuild. The tag files assign a
set of tags to a set of paths. If we plan to do this the untag flag
would need to either create subsets which then require to keep the track
of the directory structure, or (more realistic) have explicit marking
which paths where untagged and resolve it at the build time.

For example for this tags file:

<src/*.ml>: use_unix, use_thread
true: debug

and now try to untag `debug' from src/*. So, this operation requires to
create a subset of what is in the tree, excluding src/*, or we can have
simply a marker {Tag, Untag} on the set of paths that have assigned
tags.

Patches welcome.

--
Wojciech

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild untag ?
@ 2013-07-07 18:45   ` Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2013-07-07 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wojciech Meyer; +Cc: caml list

Thanks for the answer Wojciech. I actually could find a workaround that fits with my development workflow.

Best,

Daniel