* [Caml-list] Release Candidate 4.07.1+rc1
@ 2018-09-21 15:00 Damien Doligez
From: Damien Doligez @ 2018-09-21 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml users, caml announce

Dear OCaml users,

The release of OCaml version 4.07.1 is imminent.  We have
created a release candidate for your testing pleasure.  Please
try it in opam and test your favourite software with it.  Then
let me know whether it works for you.

We want to know about any show-stopping bugs, especially in the
compilation and installation phases.

This release candidate will soon be available as a bunch of OPAM
switches. It is also available as source code at this address:
  http://caml.inria.fr/pub/distrib/ocaml-4.07/

Happy hacking,

-- Damien Doligez for the OCaml team.

* Re: [Caml-list] [caml-announce] Release Candidate 4.07.1+rc1
@ 2018-09-21 15:02 ` Damien Doligez
From: Damien Doligez @ 2018-09-21 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damien Doligez; +Cc: caml users, caml announce

Sorry, I forgot to include the Changes list. See the end of this mail.

> On 2018-09-21, at 17:00, Damien Doligez <Damien.Doligez@inria.fr> wrote:
>
> Dear OCaml users,
>
> The release of OCaml version 4.07.1 is imminent.  We have
> created a release candidate for your testing pleasure.  Please
> try it in opam and test your favourite software with it.  Then
> let me know whether it works for you.
>
> We want to know about any show-stopping bugs, especially in the
> compilation and installation phases.
>
> This release candidate will soon be available as a bunch of OPAM
> switches. It is also available as source code at this address:
>  http://caml.inria.fr/pub/distrib/ocaml-4.07/
>
> Happy hacking,
>
> -- Damien Doligez for the OCaml team.

### Bug fixes:

- MPR#7815, GPR#1896: major GC crash with first-fit policy
  (Stephen Dolan and Damien Doligez, report by Joris Giovannangeli)

* MPR#7818, GPR#2051: Remove local aliases in functor argument types,
  to prevent the aliasing of their target.
  (Jacques Garrigue, report by mandrykin, review by Leo White)

- MPR#7820, GPR#1897: Fix Array.of_seq. This function used to apply a circular
  permutation of one cell to the right on the sequence.
  (Thierry Martinez, review by Nicolás Ojeda Bär)

- MPR#7821, GPR#1908: make sure that the compilation of extension
  constructors doesn't cause the compiler to load more cmi files
  (Jérémie Dimino)

- MPR#7824, GPR#1914: subtype_row: filter out absent fields when row is closed
  (Leo White and Thomas Refis, report by talex, review by Jacques Garrigue)

- GPR#1915: rec_check.ml is too permissive for certain class declarations.
  (Alban Reynaud with Gabriel Scherer, review by Jeremy Yallop)

- MPR#7833, MPR#7835, MPR#7822, GPR#1997: Track newtype level again
  (Leo White, reports by Jerome Simeon, Thomas Refis and Florian
  Angeletti, review by Jacques Garrigue)

- MPR#7838: -principal causes assertion failure in type checker
  (Jacques Garrigue, report by Markus Mottl, review by Thomas Refis)