From: Simon Cruanes <simon.cruanes.2007@m4x.org>
To: Christophe Troestler <Christophe.Troestler@umons.ac.be>,OCaml
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] We need a rich standard library distributed with OCaml, really
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 17:02:42 +0200	[thread overview]

I strongly support the view that interoperability is important. Defining common, compatible types is necessary for a peaceful cohabitation of multiple stdlibs (types for json, xml, result, unicode, iterators, etc.) Some types should be provided by OCaml (result and Uchar imho); some other we should agree on. I tried to propose the structural type 'a sequence = ('a -> unit) -> unit as a glue between data structures (efficient, easy to provide, plays well with flambda) but so far Core and batteries do not use it.

About the licensing, we have a diverse set of licenses, afaict.

Cheers,

Simon