From: "Daniel Bünzli" <daniel.buenzli@erratique.ch>
To: Dario Teixeira <dario.teixeira@nleyten.com>
Cc: "Hezekiah M. Carty" <hez@0ok.org>, caml-list <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] ZeroMQ vs Nanomsg
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 17:22:14 +0100	[thread overview]

Le vendredi, 15 juillet 2016 à 16:58, Dario Teixeira a écrit :
> Did you look at Nanomsg purely out of curiosity, or did it offer
> something that you found lacking in ZeroMQ?

This question is not for me but I'll respond anyways… What I personally found interesting in nanomsg was the fact that the original author wanted to standardize the protocols in rfcs [1]. This would have allowed for pure OCaml implementations without having to reverse engineer the C one and would have provided interesting, standardized, alternatives to sockets APIs to do networking (for example in MirageOS contexts).

Unfortunately the new maintainer said he was not interested in doing this [2] (which is a pity since he's also the author of a pure go implementation of the protocols).

Best,

Daniel

[1] https://github.com/nanomsg/nanomsg/tree/master/rfc
[2] http://www.freelists.org/post/nanomsg/Coming-back-as-BDFL,7