* [Caml-list] OCaml-Curl - good docs?
@ 2013-02-04 23:37 oliver
From: oliver @ 2013-02-04 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

are there somewhere good docs about OCaml-curl library?

The CurlIb-site IMHO looks only good at first sight,
but finding the right information - at least in my view -
is not that easy.
It looks like they gather for maximum number of clicks
to reach the needed information. :-(

Are there any docs for Curl-lib and/or OCaml-curl lib,
that give a good overview on functions and functionality?

I already have running code using this lib,
but the OCaml-related documentations are rather just
a minimal of name and type of functions, mehods, classes.

And looking up the C-stuff (function overview, more elaborated
description) and finding the corrosponding OCaml-function
tends to create typist's neuritis by the maximum-value-of-clicks
concept.

If there maybe is a better doc, please point me to it.

Ciao,
   Oliver

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml-Curl - good docs?
@ 2013-02-05 10:48 ` Oliver Bandel
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2013-02-05 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

To be more precise in the question I had with ocaml-curl...
the cookies will be given back as strings only.
So my question I had was... at which position is which attribute.

I found out that ocaml-curl can be set to be verbose.
The the information, which then will be printed shows,that the cookie attributes are known.
e.g. name and expiration and so on.

But the return value is just a string.
A record with accordingly named fields would make more sense.

I don't know, where the verbosity was coming from,
curllib or ocaml-curl.
At least somewhere the fields are known by name.
And then this information is lost somewehere.

Either curl gives it back unnamed to the caller (and the attributes are somewhere deep in the lib), or ocaml-curl does give it back unnamed.
If the latter, IMHO  the Library should become enhanced.
If it is a curllib problem, at that point things should be enhanced, and ocaml-curl then too.

Independent of this IMHO a better layout at the curllib pages could enhance usability
a lot (e.g. menues that are exchanged, instead of displaying the menue hierarchy the whole time,
do not help to get an overview).

Ciao,
   Oliver