Hello, I hope you guys don't mind another beginner's question, I'm waiting on approval from the Yahoo! group moderator for the beginner's section. I'm trying to implement a toplevel function that will accept input from stdin (someone running the program will do ./programname < someinputfile), store it to a ref string list, and then once stored, iteratively evaluate each item in the list individually. What I've put together is: let _ = let lexbuf = Lexing.from_channel stdin in let rec storeoriginalprogram = let expr = Parser.expr Scanner.token lexbuf in match expr with | EOF -> () | _ -> add_text originalprogramcontents expr; storeoriginalprogram in let parseprogram = List.iter (fun n -> eval expr) originalprogramcontents where... - Parser and Scanner are already built and working great - When a line of text comes in, it calls 'add_text' which adds the expr into the 'originalprogramcontents' ref string list, and then recursively calls itself to get the next line - let originalprogramcontents = ref [""] - let add_text variablelist text = variablelist.contents <- text::variablelist.contents - Then when finished reading from stdin, iteratively executes 'eval' against each line in the ref string list called 'originalprogramcontents' For some reason (probably a stupid mistake on my part) it's giving me a syntax error and pointing to a line of code that is AFTER the end of my program: $ make ocamlc -c program.ml File "program.ml", line 203, characters 2-2: Syntax error make: *** [program.cmo] Error 2 But my program is only 202 lines long. Any ideas on how I might go about making this work? Thanks Joel