From: Joel Christner <joel.christner@gmail.com>
To: caml-list <caml-list@yquem.inria.fr>,
	Joel Christner <joel.christner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Toplevel function question
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 17:10:57 -0700	[thread overview]

Simpler representation - tried compiling this and got the same syntax error
- at a line number that was after the EOF.  Thanks in advance for any help!!

let add_text variablelist text =
  variablelist.contents <- text::variablelist.contents

let originalprogramcontents = ref [""]

let _ =
  let lexbuf = Lexing.from_channel stdin in
  let rec storeoriginalprogram =
    let expr = lexbuf in
    match expr with
    | EOF   -> ()
    | _     -> (add_text originalprogramcontents expr); storeoriginalprogram
  in let parseprogram = List.iter
    (fun n -> print_string n; print_string "\n";) originalprogramcontents

$ ocamlc -c toplevel.ml
File "toplevel.ml", line 17, characters 1-1:
Syntax error