* [Caml-list] ACKERMANN AWARD 2020: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
@ 2020-01-06 18:10 Thomas Schwentick
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Thomas Schwentick @ 2020-01-06 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: Thomas Schwentick
[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2687 bytes --]
ACKERMANN AWARD 2020 - THE EACSL OUTSTANDING DISSERTATION AWARD FOR
LOGIC IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Nominations are now invited for the 2020 Ackermann Award.
PhD dissertations in topics specified by the CSL and LICS
conferences, which were formally accepted as PhD theses at a
university or equivalent institution between 1.1.2018 and 31.12.2019
are eligible for nomination for the award.
The deadline for submission
is 1 April 2020. Submission details follow below.
Nominations can be submitted from 1 January 2020 and should be sent
to the chair of the Jury, Thomas Schwentick, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
*** The Award
The 2020 Ackermann award will be presented to the recipient(s) at CSL
2021, the annual conference of the EACSL.
The award consists of
* a certificate,
* an invitation to present the thesis at the CSL conference,
* the publication of the laudatio in the CSL proceedings, and
* financial support to attend the conference.
The jury is entitled to give the award to more (or less) than one
dissertation in a year.
*** The Jury
The jury consists of:
* Christel Baier (TU Dresden);
* Michael Benedikt (Oxford University);
* Mikolaj Bojanczyk (University of Warsaw);
* Jean Goubault-Larrecq (ENS Paris-Saclay);
* Prakash Panangaden (McGill University);
* Simona Ronchi Della Rocca (University of Torino), the vice-president of EACSL;
* Thomas Schwentick (TU Dortmund) , the president of EACSL;
* Alexandra Silva, (University College London), ACM SigLog representative.
*** How to submit
The candidate or his/her supervisor should submit
1. the thesis (ps or pdf file);
2. a detailed description (not longer than 20 pages) of the thesis
in ENGLISH (ps or pdf file);
3. a supporting letter by the PhD advisor and two supporting letters
by other senior researchers (in English);
supporting letters can also be sent directly to Thomas Schwentick
4. a short CV of the candidate;
5. a copy of the document asserting that the thesis was accepted as
a PhD thesis at a recognized University (or equivalent institution) and
that the candidate has received his/her PhD within the specified period.
The submission should be sent by e-mail as attachments to the chairman
of the jury, Thomas Schwentick:
With the following subject line and text:
* Subject: Ackermann Award 20 Submission
* Text: Name of candidate, list of attachments
Submission can be sent via several e-mail messages. If this is the case,
please indicate it in the text.
[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 833 bytes --]
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-01-06 18:10 [Caml-list] ACKERMANN AWARD 2020: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS Thomas Schwentick
caml-list - the Caml user's mailing list
Archives are clonable:
git clone --mirror http://inbox.vuxu.org/caml-list
git clone --mirror https://inbox.ocaml.org/caml-list
Example config snippet for mirrors
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git