From: Jean-Baptiste Jeannin <jeannin@cs.cornell.edu>
To: "Jérémie Dimino" <jeremie@dimino.org>
Cc: "caml-list@inria.fr" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: RE: [Caml-list] Exception Typetexp.Error(_, _) when using Toploop
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 16:15:24 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi Jeremie and thanks for your answer,

If I understand correctly you suggest two possible fixes:

First possible fix, copy tree.cmi one level up. I don't like this solution too much but it works:

$ ocamlc -o prog.exe -I subdir toplevellib.cma subdir/tree.ml prog.ml
$ ./prog.exe
Fatal error: exception Typetexp.Error(_, _)
$ cp subdir/tree.cmi .
$ ./prog.exe
val t : Tree.tree = Tree.Leaf

Second possible fix, add the line 'Topdirs.dir_directory "subdir";' to prog.ml. This works great, I prefer it and it solves my problem. Thanks a lot!