* Web REPL
@ 2007-11-07 16:47 Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2007-11-07 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I haven't found time to get ocamljava working yet but someone pointed out that
it would be rather cool to have an on-line OCaml tutorial where your browser
evaluated OCaml code. Has anyone done anything like this?

* Re: [Caml-list] Web REPL
@ 2007-11-07 19:29 ` Matthieu Dubuget
From: Matthieu Dubuget @ 2007-11-07 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: caml-list

Jon Harrop a écrit :
> I haven't found time to get ocamljava working yet but someone pointed out that
> it would be rather cool to have an on-line OCaml tutorial where your browser
> evaluated OCaml code. Has anyone done anything like this?

I can't find it again right now, but somebody posted a link, last week,
I would say, in one of our lists (caml related).

It is a french website about mathematics contest training.

Ĝis!

Matt

* Re: [Caml-list] Web REPL
@ 2007-11-07 19:36   ` Stéphane Lescuyer
From: Stéphane Lescuyer @ 2007-11-07 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: matthieu.dubuget; +Cc: caml-list

On Nov 7, 2007 8:29 PM, Matthieu Dubuget <matthieu.dubuget@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jon Harrop a écrit :
> > I haven't found time to get ocamljava working yet but someone pointed out that
> > it would be rather cool to have an on-line OCaml tutorial where your browser
> > evaluated OCaml code. Has anyone done anything like this?
>
> It is a french website about mathematics contest training.

Are you talking about this website ?

http://www.france-ioi.org/cours_caml/index.php

Anyway, this site has a web interface where one can test one's code
but I'm afraid it's in French, therefore not particularly convenient for
most of you out there :)

S. Lescuyer
--
I'm the kind of guy that until it happens, I won't worry about it. -
R.H. RoY05, MVP06

* Re: [Caml-list] Web REPL
@ 2007-11-07 19:40   ` Simão Melo de Sousa
From: Simão Melo de Sousa @ 2007-11-07 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi!

On Wed, November 7, 2007 20:29, Matthieu Dubuget wrote:
> Jon Harrop a écrit :
>> I haven't found time to get ocamljava working yet but someone pointed
>> out that
>> it would be rather cool to have an on-line OCaml tutorial where your
>> browser
>> evaluated OCaml code. Has anyone done anything like this?
>>

> I can't find it again right now, but somebody posted a link, last week,
> I would say, in one of our lists (caml related).
>
> It is a french website about mathematics contest training.

It is maybe not really what you want, but you can also have a look to
http://gppubi.di.ubi.pt where you will find the
"ProgrammingContest" contest.

This contest is in fact a repository of programming challenges in the
spirit of the ACM Programming contest.

It accepts and evaluates Ocaml programs.

regards,
Simão

* Re: [Caml-list] Web REPL
@ 2007-11-07 20:33 ` forum
From: forum @ 2007-11-07 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Le 7 nov. 07 à 17:47, Jon Harrop a écrit :

> I haven't found time to get ocamljava working yet but someone
> pointed out that
> it would be rather cool to have an on-line OCaml tutorial where
> your browser
> evaluated OCaml code. Has anyone done anything like this?

I am afraid I don't understand *precisely* what you want to do.

If you want one to use an OCaml toplevel embedded in a Java applet,
it is
quite easy to do using Cadmium (http://cadmium.x9c.fr). Cadmium is then
used as a bare replacement for ocamlrun to run the ocaml executable.
You should nevertheless be aware of the fact that the applet must be
signed
(and trusted) because Cadmium needs "privileged" permissions.

If fou want one to submit OCaml code snippets to a server for
execution, there
are several solutions. Of course, I will advertise another of my
projects :-)
Cadmium-Servlet provides bindings for servlet programming. You can then
send OCaml code to the servlet for evaluation by a server-side toplevel.

Xavier

PS: If you run into troubles while trying to build ocamljava, don't
hesitate to
contact me off-list.

* Re: [Caml-list] Web REPL
@ 2007-11-08  1:11   ` Jan Rehders
From: Jan Rehders @ 2007-11-08  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: forum, caml-list

Hi,

probably he means something like this: http://tryruby.hobix.com/

HTH,
Jan

@ 2007-11-08  3:55     ` Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2007-11-08  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Thursday 08 November 2007 01:11, Jan Rehders wrote:
> Hi,
>
> probably he means something like this: http://tryruby.hobix.com/

Exactly, yes.

* Re: [Caml-list] Web REPL
@ 2007-11-08 16:00       ` Adrien
From: Adrien @ 2007-11-08 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Harrop; +Cc: caml-list

There's Xavierbot in this style : http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/xavierbot/
I haven't tested it and it's not a webui but it's still remote and there are
plenty java applets to connect to IRC. =)

 ---

Adrien Nader

* Re: [Caml-list] Web REPL
@ 2007-11-11 18:27       ` forum
From: forum @ 2007-11-11 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Le 8 nov. 07 à 04:55, Jon Harrop a écrit :

> On Thursday 08 November 2007 01:11, Jan Rehders wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> probably he means something like this: http://tryruby.hobix.com/
>
> Exactly, yes.

I have set up a page that allows to run a toplevel inside an applet:
	http://ocamljava.x9c.fr/toplevel/toplevel.html

It needed some hacks to the Cadmium source, so this work should be
regarded as very experimental.
Any comment is welcome, particularly from non-MacOS users and
Java 1.6 users.

Xavier