* [Caml-list] Ocamlopt  & Windows 2000
@ 2001-05-01 21:48 Raymond
From: Raymond @ 2001-05-01 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi !
My OS is Windows 2000. I have writen in Ocaml a chess
program. When compiled by Ocamlc, it is too slow. Is there a
way to use Ocamlopt to obtain a Windows executable code ? I
get an error message “assembler error...”  simply for asking
Ocamlopt to compile “let x = 1”.
Thanks for any answers, i HATE the job of translating
everything to C.

Raymond.Lachaux@wanadoo.fr

* RE: [Caml-list] Ocamlopt  & Windows 2000
@ 2001-05-02 14:04 ` Mattias Waldau
From: Mattias Waldau @ 2001-05-02 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raymond, caml-list

You have two alternatives

1. get VC++ + microsoft assembler from MS website
2. use the cygwin-version

The following is from http://www.ocaml.org/ocaml/distrib.html

For MS Windows 2000, NT, ME, 98, 95:
Native Win32 port, self-installing. Includes simple toplevel GUI, but some
features require Microsoft Visual C++ and Microsoft Assembler.
Cygwin-based port. Does not require additional Microsoft software, but lacks
the toplevel GUI. Requires the Cygwin 1.1 environment. These binaries were
withdrawn because of binary compatibility problems with certain versions of
Cygwin. Until the problem is sorted out, please download the source
distribution and compile it yourself under Cygwin.

To get cygwin, follow the these instructions:

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your system.

Run setup and answer all of the questions.  The mirrors below have the
latest version of this package:

http://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/cygwin/ (US)
ftp://ftp.sunsite.utk.edu/pub/cygwin/ (US)
ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/mirrors/cygnus (Germany)