On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Florian Weimer wrote: > * Jeremy Bem: > > > To support my research, I've developed an implementation ("Llama Light") > of > > the core Caml language. Modules, objects, labels etc are not supported > > (except for file-level modules). The system strongly resembles OCaml, > > however the completely rewritten typechecker is not only much smaller in > > terms of lines-of-code; it has a genuinely simpler design owing > especially > > to the lack of first-class modules. > > How do you deal with strings (are they mutable?) and polymorphic > equality (is it type-safe?)? > Yes and no, respectively. In other words, nothing new here. Strings can be made immutable (in both Llama and OCaml) by disabling String.set in the standard library (the s.[i] <- c construct is just sugar for a call to that function). Is there a better approach to polymorphic equality floating around? -Jeremy