On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 1:52 AM, Wolfgang Draxinger < wdraxinger.maillist@draxit.de> wrote: > On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 01:04:54 +0200 > Eray Ozkural wrote: > > > [readworthy text] > > I'd like to point out how the big competitor to OCaml deals with it. > The GHC Haskell system has SMP parallization built in for some time, > and it does it quite well. > I think I tested the parallel features just once in the distant past, something like that would be so useful for ocaml :) Explicit threading that is suited to functional programming with a syntax independent of the actual thread implementation. The par combinator looks like fun to use. Wishlist item definitely :) Cheers, -- Eray Ozkural, PhD candidate. Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ai-philosophy http://myspace.com/arizanesil http://myspace.com/malfunct