From: Gabriel Scherer <gabriel.scherer@gmail.com>
To: Pierre-Alexandre Voye <ontologiae@gmail.com>
Cc: Philippe Strauss <philou@philou.ch>, caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Re: Arithmetic operations
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:52:06 +0200	[thread overview]

Just a quick clarification :

Sylvain has been doing great work for the OCaml community for some years.
> With the help of other tools (ocamlfind, godi, ocamlbuild...), the Ocamlcore
> Forge, etc., it is now more and more easy to use, share and deploy OCaml
> code.

My wording awkwardly suggests that all the mentioned tools are Ocamlcore
projects. This is not true :
- ocamlfind and godi are tools from Gerd Stolpmann and have been around for
much longer; if you want to help the ocaml ecosystem, it's a good idea to
begin by writing META files for all your released projects; they are very
simple to write from an existing example, and very useful in combination
with ocamlfind
- ocamlbuild is from Nicolas Pouillard and Berke Durak; it is a simple and
extensible compilation system for OCaml, but relatively new; other build
systems for OCaml exist, such as OCamlMakefile (a generic GNU Makefile to
help write usual makefiles for OCaml program) and OMake.