On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Sylvain Le Gall wrote: > Have you tried the "revamped" quickstart subcommand. I am trying to make > the creation of _oasis as easy as possible... > > > If you have any suggestions to help make "lighter", I'll be happy. BTW, > when you say "heavier", is it in term of complexity, of size of the > generated setup.ml or something else? I think it's mostly a question of getting used to the new features of oasis. Oasis much more things than with a META (configuration, compilation, etc.), so the downside is that there are more things to specify in a _oasis file than in a META file. During my work with various such tools (Makefile, META, etc.), I found out that I rely strongly on example files that I can copy/paste and modify/adapt. With time I have accumulated some templates for Makefile/META/_tags/myocamlbuild.ml covering my basics need, and I know where to look for more advanced things to imitate. I have not yet accumulated a comprehensive set of reusable _oasis files (though the documentation is certainly in the good direction), but I think it's just a matter of time. And before OASIS-DB, there should be "oasis bundle", that should do > exactly what you ask me. > > I can try to create an experimental oasis-bundle-0.2.0.tar.gz. Will you > test it? > Certainly I'd be glad to give it a try. > It's a triviality to say but I'm quite happy with the change in > command-line > > invocation style (OASIS -setup => oasis setup). Four small comments > > regarding this : [..] > > All this seems quite reasonable. May I ask you to submit feature > requests about this on the BTS? > > Done.