I was mildly curious and directly went for performance results. A few bits of information for those that dont want to explore the website themselves : - it's a really big data set; on the website you're advised to export OCAMLRUNPARAM='h=5G;s=1G' - the Haskell implementation was developped first, tuned, and now takes 17 minutes to run. The OCaml implementation is a simple port of the Haskell implementation (with the data structures adapted), and it takes 15 minute to run. A younger Clojure implementation is at 30 minutes for now. My hasty conclusion : the OCaml GC and the Hasthbl implementation scale well.