* About Cryptokit (was: Re: [Caml-list] Re: SHA1 => stdlib ?!)
@ 2010-04-30  7:31 David MENTRE
From: David MENTRE @ 2010-04-30  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eray Ozkural; +Cc: Sylvain Le Gall, caml-list

Hello,

2010/4/25 Eray Ozkural <examachine@gmail.com>:
> Well, crypotkit is pretty useful and you can easily add your own
> implementations to it. Nice framework. I had implemented a
> zero-knowledge protocol with it.

I also used Cryptokit once. It was pretty useful and easy to use.
However I had to modify a few lines in it in order to allow me to do
some compositions with Cryptokit building blocks.

Sincerely yours,
david

* Re: About Cryptokit (was: Re: [Caml-list] Re: SHA1 => stdlib ?!)
@ 2010-04-30  8:14 ` Stéphane Glondu
From: Stéphane Glondu @ 2010-04-30  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David MENTRE; +Cc: caml-list

David MENTRE a écrit :
> I also used Cryptokit once. It was pretty useful and easy to use.
> However I had to modify a few lines in it in order to allow me to do
> some compositions with Cryptokit building blocks.

Could you be more specific?

Cheers,

--
Stéphane

* Re: About Cryptokit (was: Re: [Caml-list] Re: SHA1 => stdlib ?!)
@ 2010-04-30  9:16   ` David MENTRE
From: David MENTRE @ 2010-04-30  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stéphane Glondu; +Cc: caml-list

Hello Stéphane,

2010/4/30 Stéphane Glondu <steph@glondu.net>:
> David MENTRE a écrit :
>> I also used Cryptokit once. It was pretty useful and easy to use.
>> However I had to modify a few lines in it in order to allow me to do
>> some compositions with Cryptokit building blocks.
>
> Could you be more specific?

Right now no, sorry. I'll try to dig up the patch I needed at that time.

Best regards,
d.

* Re: About Cryptokit
@ 2010-04-30 15:00 ` Goswin von Brederlow
From: Goswin von Brederlow @ 2010-04-30 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David MENTRE; +Cc: Eray Ozkural, Sylvain Le Gall, caml-list

David MENTRE <dmentre@linux-france.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> 2010/4/25 Eray Ozkural <examachine@gmail.com>:
>> Well, crypotkit is pretty useful and you can easily add your own
>> implementations to it. Nice framework. I had implemented a
>> zero-knowledge protocol with it.
>
> I also used Cryptokit once. It was pretty useful and easy to use.
> However I had to modify a few lines in it in order to allow me to do
> some compositions with Cryptokit building blocks.
>
> Sincerely yours,
> david

Does cryptokit support digesting Bigarrays?

MfG
        Goswin

* Re: [Caml-list] Re: About Cryptokit
@ 2010-04-30 15:36   ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2010-04-30 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

> Does cryptokit support digesting Bigarrays?

Currently no, but your PR#5005 made me think that it could be a good
idea to add this functionality.

- Xavier Leroy

* Re: About Cryptokit (was: Re: [Caml-list] Re: SHA1 => stdlib ?!)
@ 2010-05-11 12:55     ` David MENTRE
From: David MENTRE @ 2010-05-11 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stéphane Glondu; +Cc: caml-list

Hello Séphane,

2010/4/30 David MENTRE <dmentre@linux-france.org>:
> 2010/4/30 Stéphane Glondu <steph@glondu.net>:
>> David MENTRE a écrit :
>>> I also used Cryptokit once. It was pretty useful and easy to use.
>>> However I had to modify a few lines in it in order to allow me to do
>>> some compositions with Cryptokit building blocks.
>>
>> Could you be more specific?
>
> Right now no, sorry. I'll try to dig up the patch I needed at that time.

I think this is the patch I used:
  http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/diseba/trunk/cryptokit-1.3-hmac256.patch?rev=13&view=auto

Here is some code that used the added functionalities:
 http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/diseba/trunk/disk.ml?rev=18&r1=17&r2=18

All of this is quite old and might be no longer needed with more
recent CryptoKit.

More generally, this never-finished OCaml project was based on CryptoKit:
  http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/diseba/trunk/#dirlist
  https://gna.org/projects/diseba/

Best regards,
david