Ah, so I checked in a somewhat satisfactory implementation of isend/irecv/wait in ocamlmpi svn on ocamlforge, I've already tested the implementation in some collective communication routines I've written, but by all means please test it. There is even a generic isend/irecv. I think it's been a nice addition to ocamlmpi. Hopefully when I have some time, I'll get around to implementing more of the missing MPI calls. Best, -- Eray Ozkural, PhD candidate. Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ai-philosophy