Hi, list. I think I found a slight difference of behavior of OCaml on MinGW and Linux regarding the EOF character. On Linux, the EOF char in the middle of a file is ignored, but on MinGW, the attempt to read EOF causes End_of_file Exception. Is this a supposed behavior? (ok, I have found some discussion on EOF on beginners list, but cannot find something exactly answering this problem.) I attached an ocaml program (which is simply a cat) and a file which reproduce the problem. On Linux, doing ocaml testEoF.ml < UTF-32#LE outputs the whole file before the exception End_of_file, but on MinGW, the script fails in the middle of Etruscan text, which happens to contain 0x1a character. Best, -- Yoriyuki Yamagata yoriyuki.y@gmail.com http://sites.google.com/site/yoriyukiy/