From: Paolo Donadeo <p.donadeo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] web server interface for Ocaml ( like rack, wsgi, ...)?
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:59:08 +0200	[thread overview]

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 00:04, Dario Teixeira wrote:

> Could you expand on the reasoning a little?  I mean, what is for you
> the advantage of running Eliom over Ocamlnet as opposed to over the
> Ocsigen server?

>From my point of view the problem with Ocsigen is that it requires you
to install an HTTP server. In the real world the programmer, or even
the project leader, don't have this freedom of choice, because there
are system constraints imposed by others. You are often asked to
provide an application, along with detailed instruction for the
installation in a standard environment, where one (ore more) HTTP
servers have some standard connectors (WSGI, FastCGI, AJP, etc...)

I'm not complaining about the Ocsigen team, of course: they are
focused on other aspects than the deploy, and this is why Eliom is so
interesting and, on the other side, I should help them, but in this
moment I have no time for another project.

--
Paolo ⠠⠵