Hello there Alexandre, On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Alexandre Pilkiewicz < alexandre.pilkiewicz@polytechnique.org> wrote: > Hi > > 2010/11/20 Eray Ozkural : > > Yes, the default minor heap size was indeed too low, I've been trying to > set > > it to a higher value, now testing with the OCAMLRUNPARAM settings you > > recommended. It did result in some speedup, but not an awful lot, it's > > important to profile it as you say. > > Can you tell us how high you set it? I would recommend at least > 524288, and even something like 3000000 if you really need to (I'm > talking in words here) > I've set it to 4M and I think it's worked wonders, the collection time is no more so significant in gprof output (surprisingly) at least now I can identify the real bottlenecks! Indeed the 5-instr long fast path is quite fast. Due to the peculiarities of my code, it didn't result in much speedup but I've solved this problem, I can't believe I've overlooked the Gc parameters, I should probably be setting them from within the code. A bit embarrassed about it actually :) I've been thinking whether some kind of doubling strategy would work for the minor heap size. What do you think? Best, -- Eray Ozkural, PhD candidate. Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ai-philosophy http://myspace.com/arizanesil http://myspace.com/malfunct