On 24 mai 08, at 09:31, Michel Schinz wrote: >> My goal is to be able to compile the OS GUI version of Unison on a >> single machine. Right now, using my intel-based notebook, I'm able to >> compile a version that runs both on 10.4 and 10.5, but only on intel. > > [...] > >> I think I remember an old message addressing this, but I have not >> been >> able to find it. > > You might be referring to this message: > > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.caml.general/38930 > > The cute trick consists in building a PPC version of OCaml on a PPC > machine, and then copying it over to your Intel machine. It will run > fine (albeit slowly) under Rosetta, and generate PPC executables. Ah, thank you, this seems to be it. Just one small additional question about this: where should I put the supporting libraries (the ocaml directory with libunix.a for instance), and how can I make sure the ppc version of ocamlopt find these libraries, and not the i386 ones? Thanks again, Alan