From: Warren Harris <warrensomebody@gmail.com>
To: forum@x9c.fr, caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] OCaml-Java project: 1.4 release
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:23:55 -0700	[thread overview]

I'm curious whether there are any notes / pointers regarding the completeness of the ocaml-java implementation (couldn't find this on the web site). I'm wondering about the feasibility of using it for a moderately large ocaml project I've been working on which uses Lwt to perform async I/O. I assume that for this to work with ocaml-java, the lowest levels of Lwt would need to be adapted to use NIO or threads in order to run on a JVM. Also my application is written in a pure functional style, and relies heavily on closures, currying, recursion and the ability for the compiler to do tail call optimization. I'm concerned that this will not translate well to Java.

I'd appreciate whatever information on this any of you can provide,

Warren