* Pairing ocamlbuild with ocamlfind
@ 2007-05-23 13:31 Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2007-05-23 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

What is the easiest way to pair ocamlbuild with ocamlfind to install
a library?

ocamlfind needs to be involved with the library name which ocamlbuild
doesn't know and all the built files that ocamlbuild does now about.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/

* Re: [Caml-list] Pairing ocamlbuild with ocamlfind
@ 2007-05-23 14:07 ` Nicolas Pouillard
From: Nicolas Pouillard @ 2007-05-23 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reymont; +Cc: OCaml List

On 5/23/07, Joel Reymont <joelr1@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the easiest way to pair ocamlbuild with ocamlfind to install
> a library?
>
> ocamlfind needs to be involved with the library name which ocamlbuild
> doesn't know and all the built files that ocamlbuild does now about.

You can change the ocamlc to use ocamlfind command with -ocamlc
"ocamlfind ocamlc" and then inject flags like -package ... with
classical ocamlbuild flag declarations.

--
Nicolas Pouillard

* Re: [Caml-list] Pairing ocamlbuild with ocamlfind
@ 2007-05-23 14:10   ` Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2007-05-23 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Pouillard; +Cc: OCaml List

On May 23, 2007, at 3:07 PM, Nicolas Pouillard wrote:

> You can change the ocamlc to use ocamlfind command with -ocamlc
> "ocamlfind ocamlc" and then inject flags like -package ... with
> classical ocamlbuild flag declarations.

I apologize if I wasn't being clear. I'm trying to use ocamlfind with
ocamlbuild to install a library.

	Thanks, Joel

--

@ 2007-05-23 14:24     ` Nicolas Pouillard
From: Nicolas Pouillard @ 2007-05-23 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reymont; +Cc: OCaml List

On 5/23/07, Joel Reymont <joelr1@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 23, 2007, at 3:07 PM, Nicolas Pouillard wrote:
>
> > You can change the ocamlc to use ocamlfind command with -ocamlc
> > "ocamlfind ocamlc" and then inject flags like -package ... with
> > classical ocamlbuild flag declarations.
>
> I apologize if I wasn't being clear. I'm trying to use ocamlfind with
> ocamlbuild to install a library.

Hum, it seems that you just need to add some rules.

There is a plugin example:

http://gallium.inria.fr/~pouillar/ocamlbuild/plugin_example.html

--
Nicolas Pouillard

* Re: [Caml-list] Pairing ocamlbuild with ocamlfind
@ 2007-05-23 14:31       ` Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2007-05-23 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Pouillard; +Cc: OCaml List

On May 23, 2007, at 3:24 PM, Nicolas Pouillard wrote:

> Hum, it seems that you just need to add some rules.

ocamlbuild takes a target so I think I would need a fake "install"
target, right?

This target should depend on the META file and on the library being
built, right?

How do I create such a target and how do I refer to the library being
built?

	Thanks, Joel

--

@ 2007-05-23 14:37         ` Nicolas Pouillard
From: Nicolas Pouillard @ 2007-05-23 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reymont; +Cc: OCaml List

Phony targets are not so well integrated. Starts by creating an install file.

rule "install"
  ~prod:"install"
  ~deps:["META"; "foolib.cma"]
  begin fun _ _ -> ....