From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>
To: Damien Doligez <damien.doligez@inria.fr>
Cc: caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] OCaml release 4.02.0+beta1
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 10:55:32 +0100	[thread overview]

On 21 May 2014, at 13:13, Damien Doligez <damien.doligez@inria.fr> wrote:

> Dear OCaml users,
>
> The release of OCaml version 4.02.0 will take place around the beginning of July. We have created a beta version to get your feedback. Please download the sources, compile, install, and test your favourite software with it. Then let us know what doesn't work by posting bugs to the BTS.
>
> This is a major release with several big changes, so it is particurarly important for us to get feedback from you.

To help with testing and OPAM bulk builds, there's now an Ubuntu PPA that tracks the 4.02.0dev snapshots of OCaml with binary packages.

https://launchpad.net/~avsm/+archive/ppa-opam-experimental/

There's also a binary package of a minor revision of OPAM (version 1.1.2) whose only change is to tweak the build system to compile without camlp4, thus letting it work with the out-of-the-box OCaml 4.02.

This PPA will only last as long as the 4.02.0dev cycle, and when the stable version is released, it will have a permanent home following the same scheme as the other repositories on https://launchpad.net/~avsm

cheers,
Anil