* [Caml-list] OCaml marine navigation iPad app
@ 2012-04-20 16:55 Jeffrey Scofield
From: Jeffrey Scofield @ 2012-04-20 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Jeffrey Scofield

Greetings,

For those interested in OCaml in mobile environments, I wanted to
mention (or brag, maybe) that a second software house has released an
OCaml iOS app in the App Store:

    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/seaiq-usa/id517425381?mt=8

SEAiq USA is an iPad app for navigating in the waters of the USA.  It
uses vector graphics, with LablGLES operations underneath.  I'm not a
sailor, but it looks really useful, especially if you have an iPad with
"True GPS".  It was fun to scale down from a planet-sized view to a small
beach a few blocks from my house.

I have no affiliation with this effort, other than helping a tiny bit a
couple of times by email.  As I understand it, the main offices of the
outfit are on a boat somewhere in Australia.

My website has details of the OCaml-on-iOS cross compiler and LablGLES
(OpenGL ES from OCaml).

Jeffrey
Seattle, WA  USA

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-04-20 16:55 UTC | newest]