* [Caml-list] rgba/bgra in LablGL
@ 2012-02-29 20:50 Vu Ngoc San
From: Vu Ngoc San @ 2012-02-29 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi

My app uses LablGL (with ocamlSDL), in linux.

when I ported it to mac OS, I noticed that when loading images and
displaying them as textures, the Red and Blue bytes were swapped.

The OpenGL doc says that one can specify RGBA or BGRA when loading textures.
However LablGL only has `rgba.

Hence I patched lablGL to add the `bgra <--> GL_BGRA tag, and it works
as expected.

Can this be included in the official lablGL ? Or is there a reason not to ?

San

* Re: [Caml-list] rgba/bgra in LablGL
@ 2012-02-29 21:07 ` malc
From: malc @ 2012-02-29 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vu Ngoc San; +Cc: caml-list

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Vu Ngoc San wrote:

> Hi
>
> My app uses LablGL (with ocamlSDL), in linux.
>
> when I ported it to mac OS, I noticed that when loading images and displaying
> them as textures, the Red and Blue bytes were swapped.
>
> The OpenGL doc says that one can specify RGBA or BGRA when loading textures.
> However LablGL only has `rgba.
>
> Hence I patched lablGL to add the `bgra <--> GL_BGRA tag, and it works as
> expected.
>
> Can this be included in the official lablGL ? Or is there a reason not to ?

Well, one reason might be that GL_BGRA is an extension (GL_EXT_bgra), in
practice there's no harm in adding it.

--
mailto:av1474@comtv.ru

* Re: [Caml-list] rgba/bgra in LablGL
@ 2012-03-01  3:10   ` Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2012-03-01  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vu Ngoc San; +Cc: OCaML List Mailing

On 2012/03/01, at 6:07, malc wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Vu Ngoc San wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> My app uses LablGL (with ocamlSDL), in linux.
>>
>> when I ported it to mac OS, I noticed that when loading images and displaying
>> them as textures, the Red and Blue bytes were swapped.
>>
>> The OpenGL doc says that one can specify RGBA or BGRA when loading textures.
>> However LablGL only has `rgba.
>>
>> Hence I patched lablGL to add the `bgra <--> GL_BGRA tag, and it works as
>> expected.
>>
>> Can this be included in the official lablGL ? Or is there a reason not to ?
>>

> Well, one reason might be that GL_BGRA is an extension (GL_EXT_bgra), in
> practice there's no harm in adding it.

LablGL already supports numerous extensions (which are mostly standard),
so this is no concern.
Please just send me your patch, and I'll include it.
I should make a new release soon...

Jacques Garrigue