Yes I too used shark under mac os x http://developer.apple.com/tools/sharkoptimize.html I don't think it is as accurate as gprof but it helps quite a lot. J. On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Vincent Aravantinos < vincent.aravantinos@gmail.com> wrote: > > Le 17 mai 11 ą 18:37, Joel Reymont a écrit : > > > Has anyone given thought to how OCaml programs can be profiled on the Mac? >> >> gprof on the Mac gives only call counts and no timing information. >> >> Using Instruments on native OCaml programs clearly shows only C functions >> in the OCaml runtime. >> > > I never really managed to profile my ocaml programs properly under OSX. > Actually, gprof just never worked for me (didn't generate any gmon.out > file). > I ended up using Shark which is better than nothing. > > V. > > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa-roc.inria.fr/wws/info/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs > >