2011/4/8 > > On 04/08/2011 10:20 AM, Jacques Garrigue wrote: > >> Applicative functors have other advantages, like the fact you can refer > to > >> a > >> type produced by a functor without having really applied it. > > I agree with Jacques. My primary argument for applicative functors is > diamond import in libraries. Assume you have a set functor in a library A > (e.g. the stdlib). Then there are two seperate libraries B and C, perhaps > from different sources. Both need to use sets. And you want to use B and C > and pass sets from one to the other. > That is exactly the third issue that we have in Frama-C and that I previously mentioned in my answer to Alain. -- Julien