* Compilation of ocaml 3.10.0/64bit on Mac Os X Intel
@ 2007-09-15 17:28 Pascal Cuoq
From: Pascal Cuoq @ 2007-09-15 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello everyone!

I didn't see anyone report success compiling the 64bit version of
Ocaml on Mac Os X Intel, so I had a go at it today. Here is where
I stopped, perhaps someone more knowledgable can continue from there.
I got the bytecode and native compiler to compile, and to
compile some big projects successfully, but I didn't have any
success at bootstrapping.

Here is the recipe I suggest:

- get patch (warning: this patch does not try
to preserve the possibility to compile with any other architecture,
including Mac Os X/32):
wget http://steviafrance.com/pascal/ocaml_macosx_amd64.diff

- apply patch:
cd ocaml-3.10.0
patch -p0 < ../ocaml_macosx_amd64.diff

- configure:
./configure -host x86_64-apple-darwin -cc "gcc -m64" -prefix /usr/local/64

- make bytecode compiler:
make world

- edit config/Makefile, replace the line
ASPPFLAGS=-c -DSYS_$(SYSTEM)
by:
ASPPFLAGS=-c -arch x86_64 -DSYS_$(SYSTEM)

- make native compiler:
make opt

Pascal

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-09-15 17:28 UTC | newest]