* Re: [Caml-list] HPPA/HPUX
@ 2006-11-20  8:00 Christoph Bauer
From: Christoph Bauer @ 2006-11-20  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Kuestler; +Cc: caml-list

> I'm getting the following error when I tried to make opt.opt :
>
> .
> .
> .
> File "pa_o_fast.ml", line 9539, characters 38-52:
> Warning Y: unused variable s.
> File "pa_o_fast.ml", line 9547, characters 42-55:
> Warning Y: unused variable s.
> /tmp/camlasm246324.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/camlasm246324.s:99061: Error: Field out of range
> [-262144..262143] (-267008).
> Assembler error, input left in file /tmp/camlasm246324.s
> make[2]: *** [pa_o_fast.cmx] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [opt.opt] Error 2
> make: *** [camlp4optopt] Error 2
>
> the camlasm246324.s file is over 2m in size which I tried to
> assemble manually but still get the same error.
>
> Any suggestions ?

Compile everything with `ocamlopt -compact -inline 0'.

>From bug entry http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=3937 :

<quote author="Xavier Leroy">
The remaining problem (branches out of range for large function
definitions) is an ocamlopt problem, and would need to be addressed like
we did in the PowerPC code generator. However, lack of access to an HPPA
machine (and of general interest for this architecture) means that this
will probably never be done. I'm therefore closing this PR.
</quote>

Christoph Bauer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-11-20  8:00 UTC | newest]